Kashmira Shah (born on 2nd December 1971) is an Indian television and film actress. She has done more than thirty films (including Marathi, Telegu and Bollywood movies) since her debut. Kashmira has also appeared in a lot of Hindi reality television shows like Bigg Boss, Nach Baliye, Steal Your Girlfriend, etc. She has also directed and produced a movie, Marne Bhi Do Yaaron in 2019.
Kashmira Shah Biography
|Nickname||Kashu and Kash|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Model|
|Debut||FilmTelugu: ‘Pappa Ro Paap’ in ‘Intlo Illalu Vantintlo Priyuralu in 1996Hindi: Yes, Boss in 1997Director: Marne Bhi Do Yaaron in 2019|
|Height||5’7” or 1.70 m or 170 cm|
|Weight||60 Kg or 132 lbs|
|Date of Birth||2nd December, 1971 (49 years old in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Princess High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Jai Hind College, Mumbai|
|Father||Name not known|
|Mother||Name not known|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Paternal grandmother||Anjanibai Lolekar|
|Paternal grandfather||Name not known|
|Relatives||Govinda, Arti Singh, Ragini Khanna, and Soumya Seth|
|Affairs||Brad Listermann (Ex Husband)|
|Marriage date||Brad Listermann (married in 2002 and divorced in 2007)Krushna Abhishek (married in 2013)|
|Net Worth||₹12 million approx.|
Early life and Background
Kashmira Shah was born in Bombay, Maharashtra, India in a Hindu family to a Gujarati Father and Marathi Mother. She follows Hinduism and holds Indian Nationality. Her grandmother, Anjanibai Lolekar, is a famous classical singer. Kashmira completed her schooling in Mumbai from Princess High School and did her graduation from Jai Hindi College. After completing her graduation, she started participating in modelling contests and won many beauty awards in the process. She was always interested in acting and modelling, that is the reason why she chose modelling and acting as her career. She has two sons named Rayaan, Krishaang.
Quotes by the artist
- I learnt not to trust people easily and also learnt that Indians are not really used to reality TV. They will forgive people playing games in monopoly or chess but not on a reality show. Come on, let’s grow up.
- Even as a man, I look sexier than any other man.
- We all have seen Madhuri Dixit’s hit dance numbers and we can’t forget the contribution Saroj Khan added to them.
- I am not a manipulative person.
- Love and hate are two of the strongest emotions.
- I’m tired of telling people what Bollywood is.
- What’s the big deal in doing a topless shoot provided it’s done in good taste? Our temples too have topless figures carved on them.
- I am a brat by nature and I don’t repent what I do.
Kashmira met her first husband, Brad Listermann, through an online dating website. The couple started dating after meeting online and decided to get married in Las Vegas in 2002). In 2007, they got divorced because things were not working out for them. The same year she met, Krushna, and they participated in the dancing show Nach Baliye. Kashmira started to get feelings for Krushna and then in 2013, the couple got married. They are currently together and living a very good life.
|Film||Hum Aapke Hain Kaun|
Kashmira Shah started her career as a model and participated in many modelling contests. After a while, she tried her luck in the movie/television industry and made her debut there with the Star Plus’s show, Hello Bollywood, where she portrayed the famous role of Mona Darling in 1994. She made her film debut with Intlo Illalu Vantintlo Priyuralu in 1996. Since her debut, she has appeared in more than thirty movies (Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, etc.) including Yes Boss, Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha, Saazish, Jungle, Aashiq, Zehreela, 9 Eleven, City of Gold, etc. Kashmira has also appeared in many television and reality TV shows like Bigg Boss, Fear Factor, Love Lockup, Steal your girlfriend, Nach Baliye, etc. In fact, she was there in the first season of the famous reality TV show Bigg Boss. She has appeared several times in Bigg Boss seasons. She has also directed a movie, Marne Bhi Do Yaaron in 2019.
- Hello Bollywood in 1994 as Mona Darling
- Aarohan in 1996 as Lata
- Private Detective: Two Plus Two Plus One in 1997 as Amrita
- Bigg Boss 1 in 2006 as Contestant
- Nach Baliye 3 in 2007 as Contestant with Krushna Abhishek
- Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar Kabhi Kabhii Yaar in 2008 (Winner)
- Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao in 2009
- Dil Jeetegi Desi Girl in 2010 as Contestant
- Meethi choori no.1 in 2010 as Contestant
- Baat Hamari Pakki Hai in 2010 as Herself
- Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 4 in 2011 as Contestant
- Love Lockup 1 in 2011
- Steal Ur Girlfriend 1 in 2011 as Host
- Steal Ur Girlfriend 2 in 2012
- Hum Ne Li Hai-Shapath in 2013 as Chief Bureau Officer Maya
- Bigg Boss 8 in 2014 as Guest
- Siya Ke Ram from 2015-2016 as Tataka
- Fourplay (web series) in 2018 as Herself
- Bigg Boss 13 in 2019 as Herself (To Support her sister in law Arti Singh)
- Bigg Boss 14 in 2020 as Challenger
- Intlo Illalu Vantintlo Priyuralu in 1996 as Dancer
- Ramudochadu in 1996 as Dancer
- Yes, Boss in 1997 as Sheela Chaudhary (Hindi film)
- Koi Kisi Se Kam Nahin in 1998
- Saazish in 1998
- Pyar To Hona Hi Tha in 1999 as Nisha
- Dulhan Banoo Mein Teri in 1999 as Dolly S. Thakur
- Hindustan Ki Kasam in 1999 as Nisha Jaitly (Hindi film)
- Vaastav: The Reality in 1999 as Dancer
- Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge in 2000 as Lovely (Hindi film)
- Hera Pheri in 2000 as Kabira’s Sidekick
- Jungle in 2000 as Bali (Terrorist) (Hindi film)
- Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar in 2000 as Dancer
- Kurukshetra in 2000, item song “Banthan”
- Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye in 2000 as Neelu (Hindi film)
- Aashiq in 2001 (Hindi film)
- Ravanaprabhu in 2001 as Dancer (Malayalam)
- Zahreela in 2001 as Nisha (Hindi film)
- Ankhen in 2002 as Dancer
- Janasheen in 2003 as Tina (Hindi Film)
- Murder in 2004 as (Lounge Singer)
- Ishq Qayamat in 2004 as Shweta
- Revati in 2005 as Revati
- My Bollywood Bride in 2006 as Reena Khanna
- Holiday in 2006 as Alisha
- Aur Pappu Pass Ho Gaya in 2007 as Kiran Chauhan (Hindi film)
- Chasing Happiness in 2008 as Kareena
- Naag Naagin in 2008 (Bhojpuri film)
- Wake Up Sid in 2009 as Sonia (Hindi film)
- World Cupp 2011 in 2009 as Dancer
- City of Gold in 2010 as Mami
- Agam Puram in 2010 (Tamil film)
- J’irai Dormir a Bollywood in 2011 as Herself
- 9 Eleven in 2011 (Hindi film)
- Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha in 2012 (Marathi film)
- Kyun Hua Achanak in 2013 (Hindi film)
- FU: Friendship Unlimited in 2017 (Marathi film)
- Shikari in 2018 as Mother (Marathi film)
- Marne Bhi Do Yaaron (Debut as director & producer)
- Kashmira Shah had been in a lot of controversies throughout her career, but the biggest controversy she had been in was in the year 2018 when Govinda’s wife slammed Kashmira and her husband Krushna for talking rubbish about Govinda and herself behind their back.
Lesser known Facts
- Kashmira Shah has won many beauty awards including Miss University World pageant and Miss India talent awards.
- She is very good at dancing and has appeared in several dance shows.
- She has almost four lakh followers on her Instagram account.
- She likes to bake in her free time.
- Kashmira is also an avid dog lover.
- She said in an interview that she had 14 failed attempts at having kids.